Qualification for the Baptism of the Holy Ghost
The baptism of the Holy Ghost is administered to sincere believers, who have genuinely repented of their sins and have forsaken them in the Lord’s name.
Christ Jesus is the spiritual Baptizer – Matt 3:11 – Acts 2:38-39.
- It’s expected of all believers in Christ to receive the baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire, just as all the 120 believers received the baptism of the day of Pentecost – Acts – 2:1-4; Acts 19:2.
- Aims of The Holy Spirit Baptism
- It’s the seal of the saints until the last day of redemption – Eph 4:30
- It’s the sign or mark of the identification of all God’s children – Rom 8:16; Rom. 8:9; 9:8.
- The baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire strengthens the weak ones in their prayers, and help them make their prayers go answered – Rom. 8:26-27.
- It’s the power of resurrection – Rom 8:10 – 11.
- Those who walk in the Spirit or after the Spirit are FREE from the coming condemnation – Rom. 8:1-2
- The Holy Ghost is the Spirit of the Son of God. Therefore, those who are filled with the Spirit of God are also sons of God – Rom. 8:14.
The Spiritual Rock
The message of the deliverance of the redeemed children of Israel shows that all of them were baptized by Christ with His Holy Spirit in the wilderness. Yes, they drank from the Spiritual Rock, Christ – 1 Cor. 10:4.
But as many that were filed with Christ’s Spirit did not please Him, they fell in the wilderness. They later chose to follow the sinful flesh, and died there – Rom. 8:13. – See Matt. 7:21-23.
The Ten Commandments is not against those who walk in the Spirit and bear the fruit of Spirit such as love, joy, peace, patience, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, self-control – Gal 5:16, 22-23. Love is the fulfilling of the law – Rom. 13:10.
The Baptism of the Holy Ghost
Produces the 9 spiritual gifts of the Holy Ghost – 1Cor. 12:8-11. External manifestations of the Holy Ghost and fire give evidence of God’s living power, builds up faith in God.
This is the unique heavenly spiritual worship – 1 pet. 4: 10-11.
All the churches without the Holy Spirit are dead churches like the church of Sardis – Rev. 3:1.